In 1988 Honda introduced its new touring motorcycle, the Gold Wing GL1500. Since then, the Gold Wing 1500 was in constant production until 2004, when it was replaced with the 1800 model. The Gold Wing brand is one of the top models of touring bikes, giving real challenge, and sometimes overtaking American favorites such as Harley-Davidson or Titan. In keeping with Honda's design philosophy, maintenance on the Gold Wing 1500 isn't overly complex and even a complete novice should be able to replace a 1500's headlight with little trouble.
- Raise the windshield adjustment lever on each side of your Gold Wing's windshield to its highest position.
- Remove the plastic trim from under the windshield. There will be two screws.
- Remove the two screws holding the trim under the headlight in with a screwdriver. This will give you access to the lower pair of bolts holding the headlight in.
- Unscrew the four bolts holding the headlight in with a socket or wrench.
- Pull the headlight out of the Gold Wing.
- Disconnect the wire connectors on the back of the headlight with a small flat-head screwdriver.
- Connect the wire connectors to your new headlight.
- Follow steps one through six in reverse to install the new headlight.