Here are some practical things you can do to make your interviews run smoothly.
- Practice by going on interviews, even for jobs you have no intention of taking.
- Research the company thoroughly. Use the Internet, libraries and periodicals to find current information.
- Know the company's market, products and goals.
- Memorize some facts about the company and be prepared to cite them during the interview.
- Formulate a list of intelligent questions to ask during your interview.
- Talk to people who work or have worked at the company.
- Hang around the building in the morning, noting how the staff dresses, as well as their body language.
- Make sure you know the company's location. Go on a practice run so that you know how much time you will need to get there and park.
- Remember your interviewer's name and title.